The beginning of August, the vacation month of the year. Everybody is in beach and holiday mode and what better to accompany this joyful period and the summer sun with a traditional freshly homemade Spanish Gazpacho. There are many different recipes out there, ours is a simple version, quick and very easy to make.
- 1kg Ripe Plum tomatoes. (Tip: If it hasn’t been refrigerated for a couple days, better)
- 1 small Cucumber
- 1 clove of garlic for every kg of tomato
- 1/2 Green Pepper for every kg of tomato
- 100ml Olive oil
- 4tbls Red wine vinegar or Sherry vinegar
- 1 slice of white bread
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water then peel the tomatoes.
- Peel the cucumber and slice
- Chop the green pepper
- Soak the bread in water
- Add all to a blender along with the clove of garlic and blend for a minute. Then add salt, vinegar and the olive oil to taste. Continue until everything is smoothly blended.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Once finished put in the fridge and let it cool.